Posted on May 17, 2020 by
| Tags: fsc,bowls
At last it looks as though we will be able to start bowling from 11.00 am on Monday 18th May.
There are a number of restrictions. Detailed Risk Assessment has been carried out - this is required by our insurers as well as the CCGBA. A copy will also displayed on the notice board outside the pavilion.
There will be only one game allowed on the green at any time and time slots MUST be booked through our on-line booking system. We will be required to report on who has used the green should there be need to track and trace for Covid-19.
There will also be a new gate code. Bowlers should only use the bottom gate nearest the pavilion to avoid contact with tennis players.
STAY UP TO DATE
Some members, in shielded groups will not be able to play. Others in vulnerable groups will be self-isolating and may prefer not to play bowls at the moment; every individual must take responsibility for their own and others’ health. The Club would certainly not encourage members, who think the risk is too great, to play.
DO NOT COME TO THE CLUB IF YOU OR SOMONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS ANY VIRUS SYMPTOMS
Please assess the risk to your health before visiting the Club.
However, for those who choose to play, the green will open from Monday 18th May, and, providing you have no symptoms of illness and have renewed your membership, you are able to play with the following restrictions for safety reasons:
- Only one game may take at a time. Up to 4 players from the same household, or 2 players from different households will be allowed on the green at a time. Players from unrelated households must maintain a distance of 2 metres apart at all times. They may either play a game or roll-up separately.
- No spectators or visitors allowed.
- To ensure these restrictions are adhered to, use of the Green must be booked on-line via a temporary booking system. A player who does not wish to play with others may book a slot for a solitary roll-up. Members without access to the technology involved will be able to contact a member of the committee to book a slot.
- Play can take place between 11am and dusk on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and from dawn to dusk on other days. Playing slots will initially be for one hour, although this will be changed if it is found that the green is underutilised.
- Members are asked to arrive, via the bottom bowls gate, just in time for their game and finish promptly and then to leave immediately they have finished to avoid unnecessary social contact with other Club members.
- The Pavilion will be out of bounds, as required in government guidelines, and will be padlocked. There will be no tea, coffee and biscuit facilities, please bring your own if required.
- Members should try to bring their own antiseptic wipes for door handles, toilet flushes, etc, and should consider wearing disposable gloves for the duration of their visit to the Club. A bin for their disposal will be provided outside the Pavilion.
- Please wash your hands before and after play in the toilet block, which will remain open.
- Please do not sit on the benches.
- Please clean your jack, woods and mat before and after play. There will be a bucket of water with detergent and antiseptic outside the Pavilion.
- For those from different households, the game must be played with each player using their own jack and mat, as well as their own woods. Players must only handle their own equipment. If your wood or jack gets hit or goes off the green, you must recover them yourself and not to request the other player to send them back. There can be no measuring, to keep social distance.
- 2 jacks and 2 mats will be available on the rack outside the pavilion for those who do not own their own.
- Take care not to touch any part of your face or hair, during play.
- Members are asked NOT to come to the green unless they have pre-booked a playing slot.
Good News - TENNIS COURTS to open from 13th May
May 17, 2020
COVID-UPDATE - Fulwood Lawn Tennis Club - Return to Restricted Play from Wednesday 13th May
Good News - BOWLING GREEN to open from 18th May
May 17, 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE - Fulwood Bowling Club - BOWLING to start 18th May subject to restrictions
Maintaining our health in uncertainty
May 15, 2020
Katie Bell's Top Tips for staying well at home