Posted on May 17, 2020 by
| Tags: tennis,fsc
Return to Restricted Play for members at Fulwood Lawn Tennis Club
Based on the LTA’s discussions with Government and following the adjustment of lockdown restrictions, the LTA has developed a set of practical guidelines for players to follow so that tennis can be played in England during lockdown.
At all times, players should adhere to the Government’s social distancing guidelines (staying at least 2m away from others), and practice public health advice for hygiene. Given the length of time tennis activity has been suspended, it is advised that anyone returning to court eases themselves back in to play gently.
We hope you enjoy getting back on court!
IMPORTANT: Do not leave your home to play tennis if Government advice means you should stay at home because you or someone you live with has or has had symptoms of COVID-19, or you are in the most vulnerable category and have been advised to shield from the coronavirus.
GUIDANCE FOR TENNIS PLAYERS
SECTION 1: BEFORE & AFTER PLAY
STAY UP TO DATE
BEFORE LEAVING HOME & AFTER YOU RETURN
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before leaving home to go to the court (or use an alcohol gel if washing hands is not possible)
- You must not play without booking a court. Book your court in advance using our ClubSpark system. If you do not already have access to the ClubSpark system, please contact Jonathan by email email@example.com
- Take hand sanitizer with you
- Take all your own equipment (do not share equipment such as rackets, grips, hats and towels)
- Only take the minimum amount of equipment with you that you need to play
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles before and after use
- Bring a full water bottle, and do not share food or drink with others
- Bring your own tennis balls that are clearly marked (e.g. with your initials)
- Ensure you take all your belongings with you at the end of the session and do not leave anything on court
TRAVELLING TO AND FROM THE COURT
- Avoid using public transport
- Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be there
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc. if you can.
- You will need to open the gate with the gate code, wipes will be left inside the gate for you to wipe the lock and clean your hands
- Allow others to leave before you enter the court - if you need to wait then do so away from the courts and clear of the gates
- Ensure you leave the court 5 minutes before the end of your allotted time so that it is empty for the next players
- Arrive changed and ready to play. The toilet facilities in the tennis pavilion will be open, but must not be used for changing
- Do not congregate after playing. No extra-curricular or social activity should take place
SECTION 2: DURING PLAY
COURT LIMITS - UPDATED FROM 1ST JUNE
- Players from different households can now play doubles together as long as they stay two metres apart as far as possible.
- Small group coaching sessions for up to six people (including the coaches) can now resume. Please contact Jonathan or Jess to book a coaching session (contact details on the FLTC webpage).
MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Stay at least two metres away from other players at all times (including during play, when taking breaks and before and after play)
- Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high five)
- Stay on your side of court and avoid changing ends, or agree to change ends at opposite sides of the net
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it
EQUIPMENT & FACILITIES
- Use your own clearly marked tennis balls
- Avoid using your hands to pick up tennis balls that aren’t yours - use your racquet/foot to hit/kick them to your opponent or return them to another court
- Avoid using other equipment such as courtside benches or net handles where possible
- The benches will be turned over, please do not sit on them
- The toilet facilities in the tennis pavilion will be open, players are advised to take particular care when using them
Thank you for your support during this difficult time and take care.
The FSC Team
Good News - SNOOKER SECTION TO RE-OPEN FROM 8TH JULY
Jul 08, 2020
The Fulwood Snooker Club will re-open from 6pm on Wednesday 8th July with all members required to follow…
Good News - LAWN VIEW CLUBHOUSE BAR TO RE-OPEN !
Jun 30, 2020
The Lawn View Clubhouse Bar will re-open from 1pm on Saturday 4th July
Development Update - The New Retreat
Jun 04, 2020
New Retreat building installed