Posted on Jun 04, 2020 by
| Tags: fsc,bowls,covid
The green opened for bowling for pre-booked games on Monday 18th May. From Monday 1st June, restrictions have been relaxed further and 2 games are now allowed on the green at any one time
Detailed Risk Assessment has been carried out - this is required by our insurers as well as the CCGBA. A copy will also displayed on the notice board outside the pavilion.
From Monday 1st June, two games are allowed on the green at any one time. Time slots MUST be booked through our on-line booking system. We will be required to report on who has used the green should there be need to track and trace for Covid-19.
There will also be a new gate code. Bowlers should only use the bottom gate nearest the pavilion to avoid contact with tennis players.
STAY UP TO DATE
Some members, in shielded groups may not be able to play with others on the green. Others in vulnerable groups will be self-isolating and may prefer not to play bowls at the moment; every individual must take responsibility for their own and others’ health. The Club would certainly not encourage members, who think the risk is too great, to play.
DO NOT COME TO THE CLUB IF YOU OR SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS ANY VIRUS SYMPTOMS
Please assess the risk to your health before visiting the Club.
However, for those who choose to play, the green is now open and, providing you have no symptoms of illness, and have renewed your membership, you are able to play with the following restrictions for safety reasons:
- Only two singles games may take place at a time. In each game players from unrelated households must maintain a distance of 2 metres apart at all times and the two games must stay 4 metres apart. Those at particularly high risk or shielding may roll up or play a singles game on the green alone by booking a time slot for both game1 and 2.
- No spectators or visitors allowed.
- To ensure these restrictions are adhered to, use of the Green must be booked on-line via the Skedda booking system, the use of which is explained at Appendix 1 A player or household, who do not wish to play with others may book a slot for a single game or roll up. In this case, they would need to book both Game 1 and Game 2 slots.
- Members without access to the technology involved will be able to contact a member of committee to book a slot.
- Members are asked to arrive, via the bottom bowls gate, just in time for their game and finish promptly and then to leave immediately they have finished to avoid unnecessary social contact with other Club members. Please ensure that you leave your bags and belongings in a separate area, ie at least 2 metres apart.
- Play can take place between 11am and dusk on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and from dawn to dusk on other days. Playing slots will initially be for one hour, although this will be changed if it is found that the green is underutilised.
- Members should try to bring their own antiseptic wipes for door handles, toilet flushes, etc, and should consider wearing disposable gloves for the duration of their visit to the Club. A bin for their disposal will be provided outside the Pavilion.
- The pavilion will be out of bounds, as required in government guidelines, and will be padlocked. There will be no tea, coffee and biscuit facilities, please bring your own if required.
- Please wash your hands before and after play in the toilet block, which will remain open.
- Please do not sit on the benches.
- Please clean your jack, woods and mat before and after play. There will be a bucket of water with detergent and antiseptic outside the pavilion.
- For those from different households, the game must be played with each player using their own jack and mat, as well as their own woods. Players must only handle their own equipment. If your wood or jack gets hit or goes off the green, you must recover them yourself and not request the other player to send them back. There can be no measuring, to keep social distance.
- 2 jacks and mats will be available in the bucket outside the pavilion for those who do not own their own.
- Take care not to touch any part of your face or hair, during play.
- Members are asked NOT to come to the green unless they have pre-booked a playing slot.
Keep safe and take care of yourself.
Book your opening game on the green
Mar 20, 2021
Bookings can be taken from Monday, 22nd March 2021
Bowling from Monday, 29th March
Bowling Green to Reopen on 29th March 2021
Mar 15, 2021
Bowling Green Reopening
Easter Holiday outdoor Tennis Camps
Mar 07, 2021
Easter Holiday Tennis Camps