Posted on May 24, 2021 by olivia | Tags: bowls; fsc,tennis,squash,snooker
This is a national event, providing the opportunity for you, your friends and family to give bowls a go. Up and down the country bowls clubs will be opening their doors to people who want to try a new sport, have some fun and meet new people. All the clubs have been working hard to ensure all events are COVID secure and safe for everyone.
We believe everybody should realize the joy and benefit of playing sport, and there are so many reasons why bowls is ideally placed to unlock these fantastic advantages. Here are our top 5 reasons to give bowls a try:
1. Playing bowls is very doable. Whatever your physique, bowls is a sport for everybody and it will help improve your fitness levels and mental wellbeing.
2. Bowls is not expensive. To get going you don’t need lots of new kit and clubs put on taster sessions for free.
3. After football, bowls has the second highest number of clubs in the country. With so many places to play, it’ll take no time at all to get to a bowls club close to your home.
4. Compared to most sports, age and gender differences have less of an effect on a game of bowls, so it’s a perfect sport to spend time and enjoy a bit of friendly competition with your family.
5. Bowls clubs are sociable places full of people looking to have fun, so bowls is a great way to relax, make new friends and feel part of your local community.
May 24, 2021
Roll up ! Roll up ! for the Bowls BIG Weekend 2021READ MORE
May 17, 2021
Snooker section to re-open on Monday 17th May!READ MORE
May 17, 2021
All sections and the Clubhouse open from Monday 17th MayREAD MORE